Supplies L-5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan (5-HTP), the precursor to serotonin, a key neurotransmitter.
Derived from the amino acid L-Tryptophan. The immediate-end precursor in the biosynthesis of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), a key neurotransmitter. Crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it is converted to serotonin in brain cells.
Some of the primary indications for 5-HTP may include:
- Deficiency of serotonin
- Sugar or starch craving
- Helps in suppressing appetite and weight loss
- Insomnia or non-refreshing sleep
- Irritability or aggressive behavior
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Excessive worrying
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Unipolar depression
- May help with migraines and fibromyalgia
Serving size: 1 capsule
- L-5-Hydroxy Tryptophan . . . . 50 mg
- Superoxide Dismutase (from vegetable culture) . .. . 45 mcg
- Catalase (from vegetable culture) . . . . 45 mcg
Other ingredients: gelatin, water, glycerin.