* Phytosterols are sterol molecules, similar in structure to cholesterol, which are synthesized by plants and are present naturally in grains, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetable oils. In studies, phytosterols have demonstrated the ability to maintain healthy enzyme function, supporting healthy lipid metabolism. Traditional Western diets only provide about 200 mg phytosterols per day (based on beta-sitosterol content), an amount too low to exert this action. Recent health conscious trends involve the incorporation of phytosterol esters into margarines and salad dressings to help promote optimal daily intake. CholestePure is a broad spectrum balance of the most prized phytosterols, including beta-sitosterol, campesterol, stigmasterol, and brassicasterol. It is a convenient phytosterol source without the calories and fat from margarines, spreads, or salad dressings. Furthermore, beta-sitosterol promotes healthy prostate function. This was demonstrated in a 6-month randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind study involving 200 participants, and in a 6-month, multicentric, placebo-controlled double blind trial involving 177 subjects, both conducted in Germany.
Pure Encapsulations CholestePure is a high-purity phytosterol complex, supporting healthy lipid metabolism without the saturated fat, trans fatty acids or calories found in functional foods. Beta-sitosterol contained in this formula supports prostate health.
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- phytosterol complex500 mg.
- total phytosterols450 mg.
- vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate)50 mg.
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Contains soy
- 1–2 capsules with each meal, or as directed by your physician.