*DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body. After it is made by the adrenal glands, it travels into cells throughout the body where it is converted into androgens and estrogens. These hormones regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive function, and energy levels. The amount of each hormone that DHEA converts to depends on an individual's biochemistry, age, and sex. DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily. DHEA supplementation has been associated with increased emotional well-being and immune function.
Pure Encapsulations DHEA is micronized to increase absorption. It is made with 99% pure, pharmaceutical grade DHEA.
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- DHEA25 mg.
- (dehydroepiandrosterone, C19H28O2) (micronized)
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)3 mg.
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women
1 capsule per day, with a meal.