*EPA and DHA from fish oil promote cardiovascular health by supporting healthy triglyceride and lipid metabolism, maintaining healthy blood flow, and supporting healthy platelet function. Fish oil is also important for optimal joint function. It maintains healthy prostaglandin and leukotriene production, which is important for maintaining connective tissue health and comfort. Furthermore, omega-3 fatty acids are important components of neuronal cell membranes and are essential to cognitive function. By supporting vascular health, fish oils promote oxygen and nutrient delivery to the brain. Studies suggest that healthy red blood cell membrane omega-3 fatty acid concentration is associated with emotional well-being. Both epidemiological and double blind placebo-controlled trials indicate that fish oil supports positive mood.
EPA/DHA liquid is an ultra-pure, molecularly distilled fish oil concentrate that has been tested for environmental contaminants (heavy metals, PCBs, dioxins and furans), microbial contaminants, and oxidation and rancidity. Each product contains well below the strict limits for these criteria as established by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), Europea Pharmacoepeia (EP) and U.S. Pharmacoepeia (USP).
- each teaspoon (5 ml/0.18 fl oz) provides:
- total fat4.6 g.
- cholesterol15 mg.
- fish oil concentrate4,600 mg.
- (anchovies, herring, sardines)
- other ingredients: natural lemon flavor, proprietary antioxidant blend (rosemary extract, ascorbyl palmitate, natural tocopherols)
- This formula requires refrigeration after opening. Best when consumed within 90 days after opening. Contents may appear cloudy when refrigerated.
- Ages 4 to 11, take 1/2 teaspoon per day, with or between meals.
- Ages 12 and up, take 1 or more teaspoons per day, with or between meals.