The New Gold Standard for Menopausal Relief*Patient Testimonials
"Without Estrovera I would be living in the Arctic or spending most the day and night with my head in the freezer! I am so not kidding! About 5 weeks ago I started Estrovera as recommended by my naturopath as a natural approach to hot flashes. I had been seriously struggling for about 5 months and the hot flashes had just become unbearable and happened about every hour day or night. My heart would race and I couldn't sleep and I was just exhausted. I "get" that after 44 years of periods, my body is confused and needs time to sort this all out, but I was so tired and felt unwell and weak and ready to give up and go the HRT route. This is going to sound like an infomercial, but Estrovera has helped me so much. My hot flashes have probably been reduced so that I only have one about every couple of hours and the intensity is reduced by about 50% as well. I am also taking other vitamins to support my changing body, eating healthy and avoiding a lot of triggers. I can honestly say that without Estrovera, I would be on HRT. I am so very grateful for this natural support! I am looking forward to even more improvement over the next couple of months."
~ P. Sheasby
"Prior to Estrovera, I had major hot flashes and extreme sweating every 45 minutes, all day and all night. My shirt would be wet, my hair would be wet, and I wasn't able to get any sleep. After the first two weeks of taking Estrovera, I was able to sleep six hours straight! Estrovera makes my life so much simpler, and I feel so much cleaner now that I'm not sweating and drenching constantly. It has changed my hot flashes and my life and allows me to finally get a good night’s sleep."
~ R. Hale, patient
"I would classify myself as perimenopausal—I have irregular cycles, mood fluctuations and night sweats, which prohibited me from being able to sleep. I began seeing relief from my symptoms in about two weeks after taking Estrovera. Now I am able to sleep through the night and my temperament is much more moderate. Estrovera is a product that women in all stages of menopause can benefit from because it is healthy and it is a simple solution with great, positive outcomes."
~ D. Joy, patient
Estrovera is a natural option that features ERr 731, a special extract of Siberian rhubarb, demonstrated in clinical studies to significantly reduce menopausal symptoms—offering an effective and safer option for both peri- and postmenopausal women.*
Effective Relief for Menopausal Symptoms
Clinically shown to dramatically reduce the number of daily hot flashes and relieve a wide range of other symptoms*
Efficacy Comparable to Hormone Therapies*
Demonstrated to relieve hot flashes to a similar extent as estrogen-based therapies and exceed reported results of other phytoestrogen and botanical approaches*
Unprecedented Scientific Validation for a Phytoestrogen Approach*
Multiple short- and long-term studies with over 400 peri- and postmenopausal women—published in peer-reviewed journals—confirm efficacy and predicted safety*
Excellent Safety Profile*
ERr 731 has been professionally recommended for over 20 years with no serious adverse events reported and no clinically relevant changes in safety parameters have been observed in clinical trials*
Estrovera provides effective relief for multiple menopause symptoms, including hot flashes*
In a 12-week clinical study with ERr 731, perimenopausal women reported significant improvements in symptoms—including hot flashes and anxiety—within just 28 days (compared to placebo)*3,4 In another 12-week clinical study, ERr 731 reduced median number of daily hot flashes from 12 to 2*5 In a 6-month study, ERr 731 demonstrated progressive relief of multiple symptoms measured by the Menopause Rating Scale (MRS), including:*1 Negative mood, irritability & anxiety Joint and muscle discomfort Physical/mental exhaustion Sleep disturbances Hot flashes/night sweats In a 2-year study with ERr 731, ~83% reduction of the total MRS II score was maintained from 60 weeks to 108 weeks*†2 Estrovera provides a clinically effective dose of ERr 731 in just 1 tablet daily*
† This estimated ratio is not included in the publication of cumulative results of a 12-week study followed by two 48-week observational studies (OS). It is calculated from the mean change of the MRS II score of 5.7 at the end of the first 48-week OS divided by the baseline score of 34. There was no change in total score from the end of the first OS to the end of the second OS. These results are from the ERr 731 subgroup only, which was administered ERr 731 daily for a total of 108 weeks. This calculation does not take into account some changes in study population over time.
Efficacy Significant Reduction in Daily Hot Flash Frequency*Multiple short- and long-term studies with ERr 731 (in over 400 peri- and postmenopausal women) confirm efficacy for menopausal symptom relief*
Well-designed clinical studies represent an unprecedented level of research in phytoestrogen approaches*
2 multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III clinical trials (12 weeks)
6-month prospective, post-marketing surveillance study in 70 gynecological centers
1- and 2-year open observational studies to demonstrate long-term efficacy and predicted safety*
Efficacy comparable to hormone therapies*
In just 12 weeks, ERr 731 reduced median daily hot flashes by ~75%*†5
Similar to average 75% decrease with hormone therapies (HT)*6
Notably more effective than published clinical results with many other phytoestrogens and natural products*
In a 12-week study of 109 perimenopausal women, ERr 731 subjects reported a significant decrease in the median number of daily hot flashes compared to subjects taking placebo.*5
For comparison purposes, data were extrapolated from reviews of placebo-controlled studies of varying lengths.6,7
†This estimated ratio is not included in the publication of a 12-week, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study of 112 postmenopausal women. It is calculated from the median change of 9 daily hot flashes divided by the median baseline value of 12 daily hot flashes.
SafetyERr 731 has a long-term history that is free of serious adverse events*
Recommended by healthcare professionals in Germany since 1993
Multiple in vitro and in vivo studies for toxicology and metabolism demonstrate a high degree of predicted safety*8-12
No clinically relevant changes in safety parameters—including gynecological findings, vital parameters, and laboratory safety parameters associated with treatment after 108 weeks of clinical observation*2
Unlike hormone therapies, ERr 731 does not contain estrogen
The observed clinical benefits of ERr 731 appear to be related to modulation of ERß as demonstrated in laboratory studies*8-12
Siberian rhubarb is a vegetable like its relative—garden rhubarb (Rheum rhabarbarium)
All active constituents of ERr 731 are identified as hydroxystilbenes (phytonutrients), primarily rhaponticin
ERr 731 does not contain anthraquinones, which are constituents of medicinal rhubarb plants traditionally used to treat occasional constipation and have potential liver toxicity*
ERr 731 demonstrates selective affinity for ERß, in endometrial tissue, which suggests a safer approach.*
1. Kaszkin-Bettag M, Beck S, Richardson A, Heger PW, Beer AM. Efficacy of the special extract ERr 731 from rhapontic rhubarb for menopausal complaints: a 6-month open observational study. Altern Ther Health Med. 2008;14(6):32-38.
2. Hasper I, Ventskovskiy BM, Rettenberger R, et al. Long-term efficacy and safety of the special extract ERr 731 of Rheum rhaponticum in perimenopausal women with menopausal symptoms. Menopause. 2009;16(1):117-131.
3. Heger M, Ventskovskiy BM, Borzenko I, et al. Efficacy and safety of a special extract of Rheum rhaponticum (ERr 731) in perimenopausal women with climacteric complaints: a 12-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Menopause. 2006;13(5):744-759.
4. Kaszkin-Bettag M, Ventskovsky BM, Kravchenko A, et al. The special extract ERr 731 of the roots of Rheum rhaponticum decreases anxiety and improves health state and general well-being in perimenopausal women. Menopause. 2007;14(2):270-283.
5. Kaszkin-Bettag M, Ventskovsky BM, Solskyy S, et al. Confirmation of the efficacy of ERr 731 in perimenopausal women with menopausal symptoms. Altern Ther Health Med. 2009;15(1):24-34.
6. Maclennan AH, Broadbent JL, Lester S, Moore V. Oral oestrogen and combined oestrogen/progestogen therapy versus placebo for hot flushes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(4):CD002978.
7. Albertazzi P. Menopause: alternatives to estrogen to manage hot flushes. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2005;20(1):13-21.
8. Papke A, Kretzschmar G, Zierau O, Kaszkin-Bettag M, Vollmer G. Effects of the special extract ERr 731 from Rheum rhaponticum on estrogen-regulated targets in the uterotrophy model of ovariectomized rats. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;17(4-5):176-184.
9. Kaszkin-Bettag M, Richardson A, Rettenberger R, Heger PW. Long-term toxicity studies in dogs support the safety of the special extract ERr 731 from the roots of Rheum rhaponticum. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46(5):1608-1618.
10. Wober J, Möller F, Richter T, et al. Activation of estrogen receptor-beta by a special extract of Rheum rhaponticum (ERr 731), its aglycones and structurally related compounds. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;107(3-5):191-201.
11. Möller F, Zierau O, Jandausch A, Rettenberger R, Kaszkin-Bettag M, Vollmer G. Subtype-specific activation of estrogen receptors by a special extract of Rheum rhaponticum (ERr 731), its aglycones and structurally related compounds in U2OS human osteosarcoma cells. Phytomedicine. 2007;11:716-726.
12. Keiler AM, Papke A, Kretzschmar G, Zierau O, Vollmer G. Long-term effects of the rhapontic rhubarb extract ERr 731 on estrogen-regulated targets in the uterus and on the bone in ovariectomized rats. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;128(1-2):62-68.
Estrovera tablets by Metagenics offer a natural treatment to reduce menopausal hot flashes in just one daily dose. This product has been tested and has proven in clinical studies that it is more effective at reducing such symptoms than a placebo. In fact, the results were similar to the results of other hormone therapies.
Other symptoms that can be treated with Estrovera include:
- Irritability, anxiety and bad moods
- Trouble sleeping
- Heart complaints, such as racing, associated with menopause
- Emotional and physical fatigue
- Muscle and joint problems
- Symptoms that affect the urinary tract
- Lack of sexual desire
- Vaginal dryness
This product has been tested for use during periods of up to 2 years without any notable chances in safety parameters or serious side effects.
Hormone therapies for reducing hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause have been shown to be effective, but they also carry the risk of serious side effects. That’s why Metagenics introduced Estrovera: an intensely-researched, completely natural and safe approach to relieving the symptoms of menopause.
Benefits to a Natural Treatment for Menopausal Symptoms
In the U.S. and other Western countries, about 80-percent of women who go through menopause suffer from hot flashes that can affect all aspects of their life. Many women opt for hormone replacement therapy for relief, simply due to their desperation for their quality of life to improve. However, hormone therapy is not a suitable long-term approach. The symptoms of menopause can be felt for years, but the side-effects of hormone therapy make it dangerous to take for such an extended period of time. This is why so many women are now turning to Estrovera for its natural approach to treating the symptoms of menopause.
Active Ingredient in Estrovera
The active ingredient in Estrovera, ERr 731 is a special extract of rhubarb root and it is only available from Metagenics. This extract, ERr 731, has been prescribed by doctors in Germany to treat menopausal hot flashes and related menopausal symptoms for years. Finally, it is now available to us in the United States, thanks to Metagenics.
ERr 731 Testing
ERr 731 has shown in various clinical studies to significantly reduce the number and intensity of a woman’s hot flashes. It has also been shown to reduce a wide range of other symptoms related to menopause, including sleep troubles, poor mood, anxiety and irritability, heart complaints, lack of sexual desire, vaginal dryness and urinary tract symptoms. Many women are now choosing the ERr, found in Estrovera, because it also is proven to have an excellent safety profile without serious adverse effects in short and long (up to 2 years) term use.
In a short-term, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of 12 weeks, menopausal women displayed a 72% decrease in menopausal-related hot flashes, which is consistent with the results of hormone replacement. The same women also saw a decrease in the total MRS (Menopause Rating Scale) score when compared to women who were taking the placebo.