*This product is a blend of high-impact fiber, herbs and nutrients, supporting overall gastrointestinal function and occasional constipation. Psyllium is combined with Nutra-Flax™ high-lignan flax seed, glutamine, DGL Plus®, and triphala to provide broad, far-reaching support for the GI tract. Psyllium,Plantago indica or blond psyllium, is grown primarily in India, Europe and the United States and is a valued source of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber is fermented in the large intestines by intestinal microflora, producing short chain fatty acids (SCFAs). SCFAs are extremely important energy sources for the colon and have protective effects for healthy colon cell function. Furthermore, SCFAs keep the intestinal environment acidic, providing optimal conditions for lactobacillus and other beneficial bacteria to thrive. Soluble fiber also increases stool volume when taken with appropriate amounts of water, supporting larger and softer stools for healthy bowel movements. As the bulk moves through the intestine, it helps to collect and eliminate other waste and toxins from the intestinal walls. This helps to minimize the amount of exposure of the gastrointestinal tract to toxins. Nutra-Flax™ provides a source of lignans, fatty acids, and both soluble and insoluble fibers, enhancing the gut health potential of this complex. The fiber content of flax seed provides additional support for healthy intestinal function, microflora balance, and overall colon health. The ability of lignans to support colon cell health has been reported in numerous studies and may be due in part to antioxidant protection and the ability to promote healthy beta-glucuronidase activity and detoxification. l-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. In times of stress or increased metabolic demand, glutamine is an especially important source of energy for the GI tract. In the gut, glutamine maintains healthy integrity of the intestinal tract and enhances the protective mucosal lining. This helps to ensure proper nutrient utilization and absorption while limiting the amount of toxins that pass through the intestinal barrier. DGL Plus® provides a synergistic combination of deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), unripe plantain banana, slippery elm and marshmallow root that enhances the protective mucous lining throughout the gastrointestinal tract, promoting gut integrity and providing a soothing effect. Triphala, literally meaning "three fruits", is a standardized blend of three fruit extracts in equal proportions, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia belerica, and Emblica officinalis. It is an Ayurvedic blend prized for supporting intestinal detoxification, occasional constipation, and overall colon health. Triphala has a long traditional history of use for bowel tonification and consists of various nutritive compounds, including antioxidants, tannins and polyphenols.
This product is designed to promote larger and softer stools and healthy bowel movement frequency; support short chain fatty acid (SCFA) production, providing an energy source for the colon and maintaining healthy colon cell function; provide prebiotic support, promoting beneficial microflora such as lactobacillus and bifidobacteria; maintain healthy gut integrity; minimize the time of exposure of the gastrointestinal tract to toxins; and soothe the gastrointestinal tract by enhancing the gastric mucosa.
- each scoop contains:
- total carbohydrate5 g.
- protein1 g.
- psyllium (plantago ovata) powder (husk)4 g.
- flax (linum usitatissimum) powder (seed)2.25 g.
- l-glutamine (free-form)1 g.
- deglycyrrhizinated licorice600 mg.
- (glycyrrhiza glabra) extract (root)
- marshmallow (althaea officinalis) extract (root)400 mg.
- aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) extract (inner fillet)100 mg.
- (standardized to 10% polysaccharides)
- slippery elm (ulmus fulva) extract (bark)200 mg.
- triphala90 mg.
- (a proprietary blend of chebula myrobalan (terminalia chebula), belleric myrobalan (terminalia bellerica), and amla (emblica officinalis) extracts (fruit))
- stevia40 mg.
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)30 mg.
- serving size: 8.9 g. (1 heaping scoop)
- servings per container: 45
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
- Add 1 serving to 8–12 oz water. Shake, stir or blend briskly and drink immediately. Drink an additional 8–12 oz serving of water following. Daily water intake should be increased when consuming this product. Take 1–3 times daily.