The unique characteristic of modified citrus pectin versus other pectins is that it has a low molecular weight. This allows it to pass through the intestinal barrier and work systemically where it binds to low levels of heavy metals present from common, mild environmental exposure and facilitates their excretion. A recent study indicates that modified citrus pectin promotes healthy urinary excretion of common, mild environmental exposures of mercury, arsenic, cadmium, lead and tin without altering excretion of other minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and selenium. Cilantro and chlorella have a long history of traditional use in supporting the body's natural processes for maintaining healthy metal levels. Research indicates that these greens provide the potential to regulate common heavy metal exposure and distribution in tissues. As part of a cysteine-rich metal-binding protein, zinc exhibits similar properties. Studies suggest that selenium binds to mercury, potentially reducing the biological availability of mercury, while n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) promotes urinary excretion of methylmercury. In addition, NAC provides important support for the liver by enhancing glutathione concentration. l-Methionine also promotes glutathione production and encourages phase II detoxification pathways in the liver. Alpha lipoic acid promotes the biliary excretion of inorganic mercury and may help regulate heavy metal induced oxidative stress.
HM Complex promotes the body's natural, healthy detoxification reaction to common, mild environmental heavy metal exposure while supporting antioxidant and immune defenses.
- three vegetable capsules contain:
- zinc (as zinc citrate)10 mg.
- selenium (as selenomethionine)100 mcg.
- sodium (from modified citrus pectin)20 mg.
- potassium (from modified citrus pectin)70 mg.
- modified citrus pectin1,000 mg.
- chlorella300 mg.
- (chlorella pyrenoidosa) powder (cracked cell wall)
- cilantro (coriandrum sativum L.) extract (leaf)250 mg.
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (free-form)300 mg.
- l-methionine (free-form)200 mg.
- alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid)100 mg.
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)30 mg.
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- 3 capsules daily, in divided doses, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.