*Highly purified herbal extracts are combined in this formula to promote the body's natural defenses through various mechanisms. Arabinogalactan, derived from larch trees, is also the active polysaccharide found in echinacea. Immune system cells responsible for the body's first line of defense are supported by arabinogalactan. As a fermentable fiber, arabinogalactan also promotes healthy levels of lactobacillus and bifidobacteria in the colon. Elderberry is a rich source of flavonoids, specifically anthocyanins, and contains quercetin, providing important antioxidant and immune support. Also rich in flavonoids, olive leaf extract contains rutin, luteolin, and hesperidin. These compounds act with olive leaf's main constituent, the glucoside oleuropein, to maintain a healthy intestinal environment and beneficial microflora. Maitake mushroom is a 4:1 extract that contains 3% of the unique polysaccharide beta-d-glucan and supports macrophage activity. Garlic 100:1, an odor-controlled aged extract, is standardized to contain the stable sulfur compound scordinin and other sulfur compounds such as diallyl sulphide and diallyl disulphide, contributing to a healthy defense system. One serving of ImmuHerbs provides the equivalent of approximately 25 grams, or one head of garlic.
Pure Encapsulations ImmuHerbs offers a concentrated blend of immune-specific herbs providing flavonoids, unique polysaccharides and glucosides, and sulfur compounds for wide-range defense system support.
- three vegetable capsules contain:
- arabinogalactan500 mg.
- European elder (elderberry) (sambucus nigra) extract (fruit)500 mg.
- elderberry extract (fruit)500 mg.
- olive (olea europaea) extract (leaf)500 mg.
- (standardized to contain 15% oleuropein)
- maitake mushroom (grifola frondosa) extract250 mg.
- garlic (allium sativum) powder (bulb)250 mg.
- (standardized to contain 2,000 mcg/g allicin yield)
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)30 mg.
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- 3 capsules daily, in divided doses, between meals, or as directed by a health professional.