*The major function of iron is to combine with protein and copper in the synthesis of hemoglobin. Iron is necessary to manufacture myoglobin, a transporter of oxygen found in muscle tissue, which causes the chemical reactions that initiate muscle contractions. Vitamin C enhances the intestinal absorption of iron.
Iron-C provides the body with a highly utilizable form of iron, supporting optimal muscle function.
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)175 mg.
- iron (as iron glycinate and 50% as iron aspartate)15 mg.
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)3 mg.
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- WARNING: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- 1–2 capsules per day, in divided doses, with meals.