* l-Methionine is an essential amino acid that contains sulfur, which is an important component of cartilage building blocks such as proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans. Methionine is incorporated into tissue proteins and enzymes and is a component of active peptides, including methionine enkephalin and various endorphins. One of the main roles of methionine is as a methyl donor, contributing to numerous physiological pathways in the body including formation of myelin components. In one such pathway, methionine converts to s-adenosylmethionine. Studies have indicated that l-methionine may promote healthy cellular metabolism, enzyme activity, and glutathione concentration. Methionine, like choline and betaine, is also a lipotropic compound supporting lipid metabolism and enhancing healthy hepatic function. In combination with antioxidants, methionine may play a role in healthy pancreas function.
l-Methionine provides nutritional support to the building blocks and proteins of the human body.
- each vegetable capsule contains:
- l-methionine (free- form)375 mg.
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- 2–3 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.