Probiotics – the “for life” supplements
A healthy body starts with a healthy gut, and too many people are unhealthy because of an unhealthy gut. Humans have 10 times more bacteria in their digestive tract than cells in their body. The role these bacteria have in health and disease has been extensively studied, and probiotics are becoming more main stream. Recent studies have shown that very often commercially sold probiotic supplements are ineffective at boosting the immune system, 70% of which is in the digestive tract. Oral supplementation with commonly sold products also does not change the composition of bacteria in your digestive tract. Studies from the Human Microbiome Project and world leading probiotic experts, have found that in order for a supplemented probiotic to be beneficial for its host it must:
Lactobacillus sp. and Bifidobacter sp. dominate the marketplace as the most frequently used probiotic strains. It is true that these are naturally occurring bacteria in the intestinal tract, but they are not designed to exist and thrive outside of the gut and are thus destroyed by the stomach acid and bile salts when supplemented orally. These bacteria are not found in our environment because they have not evolved for life outside the gut, and therefore they are not natural probiotics. They also exist in numbers that exceed 20 trillion cells in the digestive tract, and so supplementation with even 100 billion cells would not be enough to get the desired immune stimulation.
Bacillus spores are the most widely prescribed prescription probiotics in the world. They have been studied extensively in human clinical trials and have a very long history of use. In addition, they:
For the First Time, a Carotenoid Rich Probiotic
MegaSporeBiotic introduces Bacillus Indicus (HU36TM), the first commercially available carotenoid rich probiotic. This amazing spore produces carotenoids in the digestive tract at the site where they are absorbed. Highly bioavailable forms of lycopene, astaxanthin, zeaxanthin, beta carotene and lutein are manufactured by Bacillus Indicus making MegaSpore Biotic the only probiotic and antioxidant combination supplement in the marketplace.
MegaSporeBiotic will change your understanding of probiotics in health and disease. This one-of-a-kind product offers health care professionals, for the first time, a powerful first step tool in their pursuit of improving the health and wellness of their patients by restoring balance to the gut.
What spores are present in MegaSporeBiotic?
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Serving per Container: 30
Amount per serving: Proprietary Probiotic Blend: 4 Billion Spore Cells
A: MegaSporeBiotic contains 5 pharmaceutical grade strains that each have unique function and thus contribute to the overall effectiveness of the product. Below is a brief description of each:
1) Bacillus Indicus HU36 – The first carotenoid rich probiotic strain offered to the dietary supplement market. An isolate from humans, Indicus HU36 produces high levels of powerful carotenoids (antioxidants) at the site of absorption. Carotenoids do not survive the gastric system well. HU36 however, has demonstrated the ability to survive past the stomach acid and produce the carotenoids at their site of absorption in the gut. This makes the carotenoids produced by HU36 the most bioavailable supplementary carotenoids in the marketplace. HU36 gives MegaSporeBiotic a function that no other probiotic formulations on the market can claim-it provides key nutrients in their most potent form.
2) Bacillus Clausii – This strain is the largest selling strain of prescription probiotic in the world. For the first time, this strain is made available to the U.S. dietary supplement industry and is available exclusively to healthcare professionals. Bacillus Clausii is recommended for use during antibiotic treatment due to its ability to resist damage from a variety of common antibiotics. MegaSporeBiotic has the unique function of being a powerful supplement that can be used in adjunct with antibiotic therapy to keep the organisms balanced in the gut.
3) Bacillus Subtilis HU58 – Bacillus Subtilis has been extensively studied on a genetic and functional level. There are several probiotic products in the pharmaceutical and agricultural markets that utilize this powerful probiotic. One very interesting function of Bacillus Subtilis is its ability to produce nearly 12 strong antibiotics that are potent fighters of opportunistic and harmful bacteria. Bacillus Subtilis HU58 offers MegaSporeBiotic the ability to prevent harmful bacteria growth in a variety of conditions. In addition, HU58 produces a very healthy compound called Nattokinase. Nattokinase is secreted from vegetative cells of Bacillus subtilis and has been shown to reduce blood pressure, reduce cholesterol and reduce excessive clotting by fibrinolysis. Along with Nattokinase, Bacillus subtilis also produces a number of other nutrients that have systemic health benefits such as B vitamins and Vitamin K2. Bacillus subtilis HU58 offers MegaSporeBiotic the important function of fighting off pathogenic bacteria and producing key nutrients in the gut itself. In addition, HU58 is an extremely potent immune stimulator. It has the function of germinating in the small intestines to some degree and this offers the effect of broad-spectrum immune stimulation.
4) Bacillus Licheniformis – A probiotic often found with Bacillus subtilis and other bacillus species, licheniformis has been shown to have a potent effect of preventing the growth of harmful bacteria via the production of a common antibiotic called bacitracin. It is also a potent immune stimulator. Another very important feature of bacillus licheniformis is its ability to produce highly effective and stable protease enzymes in the gut that assist in the digestion and absorption of proteins. Lastly, licheniformis also produces the whole spectrum of B vitamins in the gut including folic acid and biotin and acts as an important nutrient factory in the digestive system.
5) Bacillus Coagulans – A very well studied probiotic in the spore family that has a profound effect on inflammatory conditions such as IBS and Crohn’s. Bacillus coagulans offers MegaSporebiotic an expanded effect of controlling these common inflammatory bowel conditions in addition to its potent immune boosting activity. Coagulans has the unique attribute of producing lactic acid and specifically the L+ optical isomer of lactic acid, which has been shown to have a more profound effect on immune stimulation and gut defense than the other forms of lactic acid produced by conventional probiotics. Coagulans is also a tremendous colonizer and thus assures proper colonization of MEGAsporebiotic, which in turn will produce the beneficial effects required. Coagulans also plays a key role in digestion of food and absorption of nutrients. In fact, Coagulans can digest incoming fat to reduce the uptake of cholesterol. Coagulans adds another dimension to MEGAsporebiotic, giving it a potent ability to fight inflammatory conditions, aid in digestion and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
Pharmaceutical grade cellulose, vegetable capsule (cellulose and water).
Adults and children over 5 years of age: Start with:
Week 1: take 1 capsule every other day
Week 2: Take 1 capsule daily
Week 3+: Take 2 capsules daily
Children under 5 years of age, please consult with your healthcare provider.