*This dairy& soyndash;free formula provides 10 billion CFU of the beneficial bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium lactis. Research indicates that these strains may have particular health promoting properties for gastrointestinal (GI) and immune health. L. acidophilus and B. longumhave been shown to promote healthy cytokine production in the colon and maintain healthy GI barrier function, in part by supporting the mucosal lining of the GI tract. Several trials have also revealed that mixed probiotic supplementation helps maintain intestinal flora, support healthy yeast balance, and promote GI comfort. A study involving elderly individuals indicated that a mixture of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria maintained healthy gut ecology. Studies also suggest that probiotics support immune health, enhancing B cell, T cell and NK cell function. A randomized, double blind, placebo–controlled intervention study involving 479 adults indicates that B. longum and B. bifidum promote overall health and T cell function. Another randomized, double blind, placebo–controlled clinical trial involving 25 elderly volunteers suggests that B. lactis encourages immune function by enhancing phagocytic capacity and activity.
Probiotic–5 (dairy–free) is a high–strength blend of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria to promote GI tract health and comfort, immune cell function and overall health.
Due to the heat sensitivity of this product, we will only ship orders containing this product on Mon-Wed. Please be advised that if you place your order on Thursday or Friday it will be held until Monday. All orders are shipped with freezer packs enclosed in 48 hour "cold-pack" insulated boxes.
- each vegetable capsule contains:
- probiotic blend10 billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32)
- Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05)
- Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06)
- other ingredients: rice starch, silicon dioxide, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- This formula requires refrigeration to maintain culture viability.
- 1–2 capsules daily, in divided doses, with or between meals.