Until now the loss of muscle strength has been an unavoidable fact of normal aging. Research shows that humans undergo a 5%-10% loss of total muscle mass each decade after age 40.1 That loss of strength can have life threatening consequences. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, injuries sustained during falls as a result of lost functional strength are the number one cause of accidental death in people over 65.2 Now there's something you can do about it ... with Pure Plant Protein.
Published studies have established that aging individuals need more dietary protein than younger people to promote healthy muscle mass as they age.3-5 The problem is that many older people are told to limit animal protein intake, which carries the risk of toxins, saturated fats, elevated cholesterol, and other health threats. Now you can obtain the protein you need in a highly digestible, vegetarian form with new Pure Plant Protein vegetarian formula.
No dietary protein mix on the market today rivals the benefits offered by this ultra-digestible, low-glycemic blend ... free of gluten, soy, wheat, and dairy.
We took a unique combination of high quality pea, and rice proteins, and added metabolically active branched-chain amino acids (valine, leucine, isoleucine), glycine and glutamine to form a complete protein without animal products or common allergens. Included is an array of prebiotic compounds to maintain healthy intestinal flora. The result is a formula that offers you all these health-promoting benefits:
- Support for recovery after workouts
- Protein free of dairy, soy, wheat, and gluten for individuals who do not tolerate these dietary components well
- Low fat, no cholesterol
- No artificial sweeteners, xylitol, maltitol, or sorbitol (sugar alcohols)
- Mixes with cold water into a full-bodied drink that's neither thin nor unsatisfying
- Contains oat beta-glucans that help reduce after-meal blood glucose surges
- Contains prebiotic inulins, the nutrients beneficial bacteria thrive on. These inulins are complex, lasting longer in the digestive tract and enabling beneficial bacteria to distribute further into the colon.
One scoop supplies the complete range of protein and nutrients your body needs to support healthy muscle as you age. Consuming this powdered drink mix with meals can enable you to reduce the intake of fat and carbohydrate calories that contribute to unwanted weight gain.
This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
Serving Size 1 scoop (approx. 36 g)
Servings Per Container about 15
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat
Plant Protein and Amino Acid Blend
[Pea protein isolate, glycine, branched chain amino acids (L-valine, L-leucine and L-isoleucine), brown rice protein concentrate, L-glutamine]
Nutrim® Oat Bran (Avena sativa)
Inulin/FOS [from blue agave (Agave tequilana) juice extract (plant)]
Enzyme Blend [Bromelain (from pineapple) (stem), Alpha-galactosidase (Aspergillus niger)]
Other ingredients: natural vanilla flavor, maltodextrin, sunflower oil, modified food starch, gum arabic, medium chain triglycerides, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, stevia extract, silica, luo han guo extract.
Nutrim® is a registered trademark of VDF FutureCeuticals, Inc., used under license.
|Dosage and Use|
- Mix one (1) scoop with approximately 8 oz. cold water in a shaker cup or blender.
- Drink one shake daily or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.