*Zinc plays an important role in supporting the body's defense system, and is related to the normal absorption and actions of the B vitamins. It is a constituent of over two dozen enzymes involved in digestion and metabolism, including carbonic anhydrase which is vital to tissue respiration. Zinc is essential for the healthy storage and metabolism of carbohydrates. Zinc plays a fundamental role in collagen formation and healthy tissue development. This mineral is also essential for normal fetal and reproductive development, and it contributes to healthy prostatic function.
Zinc picolinate is a highly absorbable form of this mineral, which is essential for a wide range of physiological functions, including support of the body's defense system.
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- zinc (as zinc picolinate)30 mg.
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)4 mg.
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- 1–2 capsules per day, in divided doses, with meals.